Who is Oceans at MIT?
Oceans at MIT reaches across the Institute to bring together a wide and diverse group of faculty, lecturers, research staff, and students dedicated to ocean-related research. To answer vital questions about the future of the Earth’s oceans, they pool their expertise in physical, chemical, and biological oceanography, geophysics, paleoclimatology, geomorphology, ocean engineering, fluid dynamics, acoustics, environmental management, and other disciplines.
The Oceans at MIT faculty represents a number of MIT departments and centers, including these key partners in ocean research:
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)—
- Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences (EAPS)—
Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate
- Mechanical Engineering (MechE)—
Center for Ocean Engineering
- MIT Sea Grant College Program
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science